I’m feeling super whiny and stressed out because I have to fly to Vegas tomorrow for work. Don’t roll your eyes, it’s not going to be all that fun. The meeting is about how to maneuver through government flooring contracts. The thought kind of makes me want to stab my eyes out. Yes. I know flooring is my livelihood but why Vegas? And why three whole days? I mean isn’t that what the government does? Take something that should only need four hours to accomplish and stretch it out into three days and spend four times the amount of money than is even logical?
I’m starting to sound like my dad.
Anyhow. I’ve been short on time all day today trying to smash four days of my real work into one day PLUS figure out what I’m going to wear at my meetings in Vegas. That’s really what my stress is about. I find it’s so much easier to just DRIVE where I have to go because then I can take everything in my closet complete with hangers plus ALL my shoes and dump it into four suitcases. This would cost $300 to check on an airplane. Plus my car doesn’t judge me for packing four suitcases for three days of travel.
Flying on an airplane puts serious limitations on all the possible wardrobe scenarios that I like to have available to me in order to deal with my tumultuous inner climate, which I blame mostly on global warming:
- Sweaty (even in conference rooms with the AC turned to negative ten degrees)
- Cold (In weather that is 40 degrees warmer than Spokane)
- Sweaty on my top half and cold on my lower half or vice versa (see how complex I can be?)
- Bloated from the airplane ride and/or the Big Mac I ate in the airport
- Sprained ankle that limits cute boots to only sitting and looking cute but not walking which means I have to have at least five only SORT of cute pairs of comfy shoes for back up if I have to walk (I’m really struggling with blaming global warming on my trip/fall hazardous life but I’m sure it’s somehow connected)
- Suddenly not looking good in black (which would mean I’m having a complete emotional breakdown because 95% of my clothing is black-but it’s happened before, hence the need for colorful SCARVES)
Can you see why I would be stressed out?
BUT on the bright side, my purse is now nice and tidy for my flight: all flammable liquids, my mom’s urn and the samurai sword I keep for safety have all been taken out of my purse and stored safely at home where they won’t be questioned. Like I will be about my four suitcases.